Paddle Planner.com - BWCA, Quetico, Sylvania, and other paddling places
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply

Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Attach files to this post...
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
bharrop Posted: Friday, February 10, 2023 6:28:17 AM(UTC)

Not This Year but 2024 Bloodvein River - Sasaginnigak lake - Leyond River Loop. have not finished up the trip plan yet it would be 150-200 km loop.I am going up to Bloodvein First nations to talk to them on permission on their land and get a good lay of the rivers any information that I get from them will be included in trip report
Ben Strege Posted: Thursday, February 9, 2023 4:03:14 PM(UTC)

[quote=bharrop;16175]

Hey Ben

Most of my tripping is north and norteast Manitoba. I take it you would need data on areas. All what would you need I am Guessing access and egrees locations and any permissions if needed. and GPX tracking of the route taken with discriptions of camp site and portages with coordinates. any thing else you would require?

[/quote]

At a minimum I need portage locations. Access points are almost required, but I can make a map with just portages. Campsite locations are ideal. GPX files are the best for me in terms of figuring out locations, especially campsites and portages.

Which areas are you wanting to add?

bharrop Posted: Thursday, February 9, 2023 2:33:48 PM(UTC)

Hey Ben

Most of my tripping is north and norteast Manitoba. I take it you would need data on areas. All what would you need I am Guessing access and egrees locations and any permissions if needed. and GPX tracking of the route taken with discriptions of camp site and portages with coordinates. any thing else you would require?

Ben Strege Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2022 2:02:04 PM(UTC)

[quote=TuscaroraBorealis;16052]Interested in the Minnesota water trails.

I know there are several books documenting them but, it would be helpful to have updated conditions, campsite ratings etc.[/quote]

They are on my list. I started them years ago, but it ended up not being as easy as I envisioned. I'll pick the project back up.

TuscaroraBorealis Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2022 12:04:08 PM(UTC)

Interested in the Minnesota water trails.

I know there are several books documenting them but, it would be helpful to have updated conditions, campsite ratings etc.
Ben Strege Posted: Thursday, July 7, 2022 2:24:14 PM(UTC)

[quote=BDCarter151;16050]

Hello, I would like to suggest adding ZEC Kipawa, Quebec to the canoeing areas supported by Paddle Planner. I have maps that cover about 75 years of campsite & portage history that would be nice to preserve. I would renew my subscription to Paddle Planner so I could access this information and use your convenient trip planning tools. I am currently using OutdoorActive.com to plan and preserve trip data but it isn't as powerful or convenient to use as PP. ---Thanks

[/quote]

Yes, send them my way! Quebec has been much harder for me to find info, so this would be a nice addition. If you want to email them, send it to admin@paddleplanner.com.

BDCarter151 Posted: Tuesday, July 5, 2022 2:15:10 PM(UTC)

Hello, I would like to suggest adding ZEC Kipawa, Quebec to the canoeing areas supported by Paddle Planner. I have maps that cover about 75 years of campsite & portage history that would be nice to preserve. I would renew my subscription to Paddle Planner so I could access this information and use your convenient trip planning tools. I am currently using OutdoorActive.com to plan and preserve trip data but it isn't as powerful or convenient to use as PP. ---Thanks

arnesr Posted: Monday, November 8, 2021 10:05:55 PM(UTC)

I would be interested is seening coverage of the Turtle River/White Otter area, north of Quetico.  I believe the park office used to put out a map of this area, but I don't belive it is available any longer.

BillConner Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2020 5:28:58 PM(UTC)

Was interested to see Killarney. Its a destination I'm looking at now. Have only just started to research. French River PP seems like a place without much attention do far - kind of newish park.

Looking at your list, and having moved to Adirondacks, I have found a lot of resources for paddling here. Also, its much more linear - not a lot of options but follow the river or water trail.
Ben Strege Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2020 9:00:30 AM(UTC)

[quote=vern.dewit;14348]

[quote=Ben Strege;11120]

[quote=Chris Hoepker;11117]I've had my eye on Wabakimi for years and would like to see it added.[/quote]

The biggest problem with Wabakimi is lack of portage information. The info that I can get from the Ontario government is just downright bad - at least the last time I looked, maybe I should look again. I know Friends of Wabakimi have good portage info, but I don't know if they would be willing to share.

[/quote]

Any updates on this idea? I'd love to see Wabakimi added.

[/quote]

I'm still trying to get the data. It's a tough one to find.