Paddle Planner.com - BWCA, Quetico, Sylvania, and other paddling places
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply

Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Attach files to this post...
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Ben Strege Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 9:25:43 PM(UTC)

It should only show you once per session (visit) to the site. I can work on adding the "never bother me again" option, but I will probably tie it to your user account. Well... I'll have to think about how best to do it.

The video is going to be obsolete soon, and hopefully unneeded after that. The goal of keeping it, then, would be to make sure that visitors to the site understand (or at least read) that the information isn't 100% accurate. Right now I'm erring on the side of caution and showing it to everybody, even though veterans like yourself already know this and don't need to see the disclaimer. 

BillConner Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 8:44:11 PM(UTC)

Somehow I thought it could detect if a device had seen the "how to" before; or perhaps offer the show me now - show me later - never bother me again options.
Ben Strege Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 9:01:24 AM(UTC)

Not at the moment. I'm working on a complete redesign of the map interface, which I hope to finish in the next couple of weeks. It should look cleaner and be easier to use. I'm getting rid of the "mini-map" in the lower right and putting the outfitter ads somewhere else. I'll keep the popup problem in mind - I think I have a solution for it.

While the changes will make it easier to use on a phone, it probably won't fix all of the problems. As you may know, I'm working on an app right now. Just Android at first, but if it works out, I'll invest in the equipment to put it on the iPhone, too. Beta version will most likely come out end of May/early June. I just need to find the time to work on it.

BillConner Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 8:21:15 AM(UTC)

Is there any way to turn off or minimize the pop ups when I go to maps? The "watch a video", the key in lower right, or ad in upper right? A different way to enter maps? Not much work to close/minimize on a laptop but pita on a phone.

Still great - just would like to get past these faster.