Paddle Planner.com - BWCA, Quetico, Sylvania, and other paddling places
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ben Strege  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 3:48:40 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 159 time(s) in 140 post(s)

Paddle Planner is proud to be a member of the Boundary Waters Business Coalition and support the permanent protection of America’s most visited Wilderness. The Boundary Waters is a special place for millions of Americans who love hunting, fishing, paddling and outdoor recreation. Tourism in northeastern Minnesota supports 17,000 jobs and generates $913 million in sales annually.

Jobs and dollars are often used to either defend or criticize the effort to protect the BWCA, but there is so much more to it than economics. The Boundary Waters made me fall in love with canoeing, camping, and the outdoors. I decided to live in northeastern Minnesota specifically so that I could live close to this special place. My sons, ages 7 and 3, also share this love. The Boundary Waters is a place that brings us closer together. I want to ensure that the BWCA lasts not only for my lifetime, but for my sons, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. I cannot imagine a world without it. A price cannot be put on the Boundary Waters and what it means to me and my family.

Please take action today by submitting your comment to the U.S. Forest Service as it considers long-term protection for this Wilderness from proposed sulfide-ore copper mining. Make your voice heard here: https://www.bwcabusiness.org/actnow

Sponsor