Paddle Planner.com - BWCA, Quetico, Sylvania, and other paddling places
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BillConner  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 18, 2018 6:06:08 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Its back! Thought a 2018 thread was in order. Booked hotel (Hampton Madison West - $84/night) and ordered wrist bands. Scheduled some business on Friday. I've been in Madison a lot recently - 4 projects in or being planned out of Madison.
Sponsor
AmateurHour  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 29, 2018 1:51:00 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Gavia  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2018 8:24:14 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 22 post(s)
I live in Stoughton, 20 miles south of Madison. I have sleeping space for a single person or a couple. Contact me at birren@charter.net if interested.
canoe42  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2018 4:45:24 PM(UTC)

See you all there.

old salt  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 5:57:28 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
There will be two gatherings at the Country Inn & Suites in Menona, a short distance from Copia. It’s actually behind the Rutabaga store. We have rented the meeting room for the gatherings. On Friday, we will have an informal meet n greet starting about 3:00 pm and continuing to about 10:00 pm. We will order pizzas for those who want them. We are asking $5 for the room cost and a small contribution for Pizza, craft beers, sodas.

On Saturday, we will gather after Copia closing about 6-6:30 pm for a full BBQ dinner. The dinner cost is $12. It includes brisket, pulled pork, turkey, and ribs with all the trimmings and sides. Again we ask for $5 for room costs. Afterwards is a ‘bull session’. It’s a great time! Bring your maps and plan your trips.

Sign up here or on QJ for the Saturday dinner so we can make sure we have plenty of food. The BBQ is catered from Smoky Jon’s BBQ, Madtowns best. www.smokyjons.com

Edited by user Monday, February 12, 2018 6:00:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Omission

thanks 1 user thanked old salt for this useful post.
AmateurHour on 2/12/2018(UTC)
Gavia  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 7:01:01 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 22 post(s)
I'm not planning to go to 'copia due to erratic and unpredictable Lyme disease symptoms. But if I can get out in the evening, I'd like to join one or both of these events. I'll announce my arrival by imitating a loon (gavia immer).
old salt  
#7 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 7:43:04 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
We will look forward to your loon imitation, but we won’t be in the pool area, so no place to dive. We all know that loons need water.