Paddle Planner.com - BWCA, Quetico, Sylvania, and other paddling places
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
01richwood  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 11:23:19 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

We had a fantastic trip in the BWCA last year. Here's a video I put together showing the lakes and portages we went though in our 50 mile loop, and the nightly jam sessions provided the musuc for this video. Watch at your own risk! There is some profanity.   BWCA East Boarder Lake Loop - WWP tour 2015      Here is the map of the route we took. East Boarder Lakes Route.  Any comments, I'd like to hear them, good or bad. Thanks.

Edited by user Monday, April 11, 2016 11:58:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Canoer97  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 3:51:55 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Four of us are planning a trip in September. I have a question. What camera did you use to make this video. I Loved the ending where the guy dumps the canoe three times. If he had sat in the bow seat and first backwards that may not have happened. Great video!!!

thanks 1 user thanked Canoer97 for this useful post.
01richwood on 4/13/2016(UTC)
01richwood  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2016 9:39:21 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Thanks for watching. I knew soon as he went to get the into the canoe I had to grab the camera. It was hard to hold it steady I was laughing so much. That shot was taken with a Kodak Playsport Zx3. Cheap waterproof camera. http://www.amazon.com/Ko...ket-Camera/dp/B0030MITDK . Most of the video was shot with my cell phone in a Lifeproof, waterproof case. Samsung galaxy S5 does OK but wish it would allow for manual controls which other cell phone video cameras do. A 3rd camera I used was a gopro knock off, SJ4000 by SJCAM. http://www.bhphotovideo....j4000_action_camera.html I had extra batteries for all cameras so I was good to go for the week.  Enjoy your trip!

eagle98mn  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2016 11:41:00 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)

Thanks for sharing. Your route is pretty much what I'm targeting this September so it was fun to watch. Also, I'm so glad I stuck around for the end of the video...made my night!