Paddle Planner.com - BWCA, Quetico, Sylvania, and other paddling places
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ben Strege  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2015 8:43:32 AM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Was thanked: 159 time(s) in 140 post(s)

Last night I finished up the Voyageurs National Park map. I added/changed a couple of maps for the new area:

• Quetico-Superior - I added a new map that includes Voyageurs, the BWCA, and the Quetico. This map also includes the Pigeon River and Grand Portage, so this is the map you will use to plan a trip along the traditional voyageur route from International Falls to Lake Superior.
  • Voyageurs - This is Voyageurs National Park only.

Some notes on the new area:

• Voyageurs caters a lot to houseboats, and many campsites have docks or anchorages. The Park distinguishes between campsites with anchorages, those without, and day use areas. I had to accommodate this on the map, too. Anchorage campsites are blue with a small cross. Regular backcountry campsites are the normal red/pink. Day use areas are green triangles.
  • The "entry points" are the public water access sites from the MN DNR.
  • The site can route along intersecting portages to work. However, I designed it to work with on two portages that intersect. The mess of trails/portages on the Kabetogama Peninsula have a lot more than two portages intersecting. When trying to route along there, the Route Finder may give strange results. I am working on fixing this. Other than this area, the Route Finder should work as expected.

Sponsor
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply