Paddle Planner.com - BWCA, Quetico, Sylvania, and other paddling places
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ben Strege  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2016 12:50:38 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Was thanked: 159 time(s) in 140 post(s)
We created Paddle Planner five years ago. What began as a unique and useful resource for paddlers has gotten even better. We have refined and added many things to the website. Reactions have been positive, some of which can be read on our testimonial page

Any young business needs to review its pricing at some point. We want to thank the many people that have given us suggestions and helped us with the new pricing and points systems.

Prices will not increase for current members for one year. Those with current, paid memberships will have the option of using the old pricing for one more year. Those that are registered but have free memberships will have until April 15, 2016, to upgrade and take advantage of this offer. If you know anyone that may want to take advantage of this, tell them to register today and upgrade within the next two weeks.

The details about all of the changes are too lengthy for an email, so we wrote a blog post (http://blog.paddleplanner.com/2016/03/new-pricing-and-points-system.html). Here are the highlights of what it talks about:

• New Prices
  • Lifetime discounts for contributing members
  • New one-week trial
  • Old pricing for current members for one year
  • Small changes to the points system

We will put the pricing changes in effect late tonight or tomorrow morning. The points system changes will be rolling out in the next few weeks.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us.

Sponsor
Ben Strege  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2016 7:23:15 AM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

I got everything updated last night with the new pricing. If something doesn't seem to be working, let me know.

If you were registered before March 30th, you should receive the old pricing through April 15th. Those that were registered before March 30th and have an upgraded membership on April 15th will receive another year under the old pricing. If you fall in these categories and it doesn't seem to be working, let me know.

BillConner  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 2, 2016 7:59:03 AM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Ben - is there a link to see what our status is? I'm sorry but I am confused.
Ben Strege  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 2, 2016 8:15:27 AM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

I'll have to put something together. If you were a registered user before 3/30 and you see Map EnthusiastPremium, or Outfitter in the upper right corner of your screen, you will receive the old prices for one more year. If you were registered before 3/30 but it shows Free, you need to upgrade by 4/15 to get the old price. If you registered on the site on or after 3/30, you get the new prices.

Bill, in your case, you are fine. When you renew in June/July, you'll get the old prices.

BillConner  
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 2, 2016 10:08:25 AM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Does that imply I will receive a notice when it's time?
BillConner  
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 2, 2016 10:13:23 AM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

PS - no member level in upper right on my tablet....I assume the "premium" in !y profile tells me though.
Ben Strege  
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 2, 2016 10:14:56 AM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Originally Posted by: BillConner Go to Quoted Post
Does that imply I will receive a notice when it's time?

Yes - as long as you allow email from Paddle Planner (in your profile - and you do) and your email address is correct (I believe yours is). You will receive an email a month before your membership expiration saying you can now renew. You will receive the same email two weeks after that and then a day or two before the expiration if you don't renew.

Ben Strege  
#8 Posted : Saturday, April 2, 2016 10:15:52 AM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

PS - no member level in upper right on my tablet....I assume the "premium" in !y profile tells me though.

I thought about mentioning it in my first reply and should have - on smaller screens like a tablet, that info is in the "Menu" on the upper left.

BillConner  
#9 Posted : Monday, April 4, 2016 12:39:02 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

I hadn't looked on laptop until today but member level, is right where you said it would be on laptop. I never found it on my phone or tablet anyplace including Menu tab. Nexus 6 phone and Nexus 7 tablet FYI.
Ben Strege  
#10 Posted : Monday, April 4, 2016 12:43:27 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

I hadn't looked on laptop until today but member level, is right where you said it would be on laptop. I never found it on my phone or tablet anyplace including Menu tab. Nexus 6 phone and Nexus 7 tablet FYI.

You're right, it's not there. I thought I had put it there, but obviously I hadn't. I'll need to add it.

BillConner  
#11 Posted : Monday, April 4, 2016 1:53:41 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Now you tell me - after I spent 15 minutes looking for it! :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply