Paddle Planner.com - BWCA, Quetico, Sylvania, and other paddling places
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TuscaroraBorealis  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2018 7:50:10 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 22 post(s)
We've got a permit reserved for Ram Lake EP #44 for late May.

Almost certainly will do a couple more, just haven't finalized the details. Although a short trip to the Clearwater EP is in the cards.
Sponsor
Ben Strege  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2018 8:54:18 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 159 time(s) in 140 post(s)

Haven't decided quite yet, and don't have a permit yet. But I'll probably venture up the Gunflint Trail for the first time. I'll take my two boys on more than one trip, I hope.

AmateurHour  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 5, 2018 1:57:58 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Currently planning on Sylvania in late June and early July, Turtle Flambeau in late July, BWCA EP 55 in September, and the ol' NHAL every chance I get. :)
Canoer97  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 5, 2018 6:52:50 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Our crew of 7 is starting at Sawbill and heading to Cherokee going to Kelly and back to Sawbill in September.
thanks 1 user thanked Canoer97 for this useful post.
skins527 on 7/4/2018(UTC)
Handycamp  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 5, 2018 8:55:21 PM(UTC)

A friend and I are headed to the Q in late May/early June. I would really like to hit the no-name lake between Lonely and Antoine, but would also love to visit Antoine itself. Although they are right next to each other, there is no portage connecting them and the shortest route would take me all the way down through Sturgeon narrows and back up through a couple of very long portages. Not sure I have the time (not to mention the stamina) for that. Bushwack might be an option, but not likely; it depends on the terrain and how thick the woods are. I may end up having to choose one and forego the other. Would welcome any thoughts from those of you who have been in that area.

Good luck to everyone, wherever you are headed! 

eagle98mn  
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 8, 2018 2:05:56 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
No permits yet, just daydreams. It depends on who goes with me. If my fishing friends go, we'll be looking for a promising lake 10ish miles in (open to suggestions since we haven't exactly killed it fishing the last couple times). If not, I'll probably look for a longer loop to explore. I'm also hoping to cross the grand portage off my bucket list while I'm young enough to not really have to worry about my bucket list! :)
Jackfish  
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2018 9:58:25 PM(UTC)

Just decided this week... we're entering Q at PP and headed up to Brent and points thereof. Hope to catch some walleyes and have some fun with some smallies.
Bushman  
#8 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2018 6:54:58 PM(UTC)

First timers here, my son and I are heading out of Mudro up to crooked lake and around to Friday Bay and south to Moosecamp Lake and River and back to Mudro.
Frenchy19  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 8:46:34 PM(UTC)

First trip, mid June, is a solo in the Clearwater area of the BW. Second trip, also a solo (in early July), putting in at Beaverhouse and taking out at Moose. Third trip, with my wife in early August tbd and I am also trying to plan a trip with one of my daughters if it works with her college schedule.

Northwoodsman  
#10 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2018 5:48:12 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
The plan... In mid Sept. heading from Rockwood to Gaskin for three nights. Doing a day trip loop up through Henson, Omega, Winchell, and back to Gaskin. Spending the 4th night on Horseshoe, with a day trip down to Vista. Back to Rockwood on Day 5. Of course things can and likely will change as far as the route and itinerary goes. A lot depends on the weather. We would like to get back to Rockwood by 10:30 a.m. on Day 5 to grab showers and start the trip back.
thanks 1 user thanked Northwoodsman for this useful post.
Canoer97 on 5/13/2018(UTC)
goblu79  
#11 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2018 9:05:38 PM(UTC)

Through Prairie Portage, Isabella, Sarah, McIntyre to Brent.Suzanette. Going in late July, crew of six with three noobs. My first time leading the expedition. Counting down the days. 

Wally  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2018 11:10:08 AM(UTC)

Headed into Caribou Lake via the frozen Clearwater for the walleye opener. A big thanks to Clearwater Historic Lodge for helping us salvage out trip and shutteling us down to the portage via S Clearwater Rd.

BillConner  
#13 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 7:13:15 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Im going backpacking in June in Pecos Wilderness in NM with my son.

trmills85  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2018 7:47:22 AM(UTC)

First timer, Group of backpacking buddies are going on our first paddle trip in the Q. Entering at Questico Lake in Middle July. Hoping to do a loop through Quetico lake, Jean Lake, and Badwater Lake. 

Packing light hoping the fish will feed us for dinner. 

Ben Strege  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2018 9:33:46 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 159 time(s) in 140 post(s)

Originally Posted by: trmills85 Go to Quoted Post
Packing light hoping the fish will feed us for dinner.

Always have a backup plan.

eagle98mn  
#16 Posted : Friday, June 1, 2018 10:10:09 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Ben Strege Go to Quoted Post

Always have a backup plan.

No kidding! Last year, we went to Gaskin lake on a fishing-centric trip. It rained over 2" along the Gunflint Trail on the day we went in and I'm convinced that screwed up the fishing. We fished every inch of Gaskin over two days with very little to show for it. Thankfully, we had freeze-dried food so we weren't hungry.

Enjoy your first trip trmills85. I have a feeling it won't be your last! :)

rgi1bert  
#17 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2018 1:32:12 PM(UTC)

Planning late JUL early AUG trip, looping from Basswood-Sarah-Burt-Kahshahpiwi-North Bay of Basswood.  Put in and take out at Prairie Portage.  Should be fun fun fun.  If anyone has any current portage info on this route, I would love to hear about it!  Happy paddling!

Rs130754  
#18 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 10:31:13 PM(UTC)

First trip ever June 19th from EP 24, Fall Lake. Hoping all goes well, I have been planning and researching for months. Just hope I can remember to tie these knots I have been practicing.
kuddus87  
#19 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2018 3:24:26 PM(UTC)

Entry Point 58 to 60 over July 4th weekend. Gunflint Lake to North, South, Rat, ROse, Duncan and out on Hungry Jack. 

BillConner  
#20 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2018 6:55:33 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BillConner Go to Quoted Post
Im going backpacking in June in Pecos Wilderness in NM with my son.

Update. Ute fire closed this area so heading instead to High Uintas Wilderness in Utah. Head west Sunday.
Gavia  
#21 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2018 10:57:18 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Staying home and lying low this year, just as the previous two. Lyme disease ....