Paddle Planner.com - BWCA, Quetico, Sylvania, and other paddling places
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply

Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Attach files to this post...
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
eagle98mn Posted: Thursday, May 5, 2016 8:36:13 PM(UTC)

Thanks for the explanation - no rush. I'll just set the same setting up on my phone. Good work as always!
Ben Strege Posted: Wednesday, May 4, 2016 5:00:57 PM(UTC)

[quote=eagle98mn;10099]

It appears that setting a default map allows me to have the website remember that I prefer the "ArcGIS Satellite with Labels" background. How does that default actually work Ben? Is it cached locally on my computer or stored to my account? The reason I ask is, when I look on my phone, it doesn't seem to pick up my default that I set on my computer.

[/quote]

It is a cookie on the browser. However, I am planning on changing that and storing the settings to your account instead.

eagle98mn Posted: Wednesday, May 4, 2016 3:40:27 PM(UTC)

It appears that setting a default map allows me to have the website remember that I prefer the "ArcGIS Satellite with Labels" background. How does that default actually work Ben? Is it cached locally on my computer or stored to my account? The reason I ask is, when I look on my phone, it doesn't seem to pick up my default that I set on my computer.

Lagerdom Posted: Tuesday, May 3, 2016 12:30:19 PM(UTC)

Thank you.
Ben Strege Posted: Tuesday, May 3, 2016 12:24:09 PM(UTC)

I changed the default map background. The default is now a background that I made, but it only goes to zoom level 14. The satellite background goes to zoom 19. You can switch the background by using the menu button in the upper left corner. The old default is "ArcGIS Satellite with Labels."

Lagerdom Posted: Tuesday, May 3, 2016 12:21:40 PM(UTC)

What happened to the map zoom? It will only zoom half-way compared to yesterday.