Paddle Planner.com - BWCA, Quetico, Sylvania, and other paddling places
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply

Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Attach files to this post...
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Ben Strege Posted: Thursday, July 2, 2020 11:44:27 AM(UTC)

I would suggest using the upload tool until I can get the edit thing fixed. You can upload multiple photos at one time. It is much faster than uploading them one by one.

TuscaroraBorealis Posted: Thursday, July 2, 2020 11:33:10 AM(UTC)

Yes, I have always uploaded photos and then edited them.
Ben Strege Posted: Thursday, July 2, 2020 10:50:54 AM(UTC)

Which upload tool are you using? If you are using the "new" upload tool (not that new any more, but that is how I think of it), once you select the location for one photo, the next map will automatically default to that location. The "new" upload tool is under Photos, Upload (https://www.paddleplanner.com/photos/upload.aspx). This tool right now cannot be used to edit photos.

If you already uploaded the photo and then go to edit it, then you will have to go through the process you described.

Perhaps the best way for me to fix it is to change the upload tool to allow it to edit photos.

TuscaroraBorealis Posted: Thursday, July 2, 2020 9:54:14 AM(UTC)

By no means is this a dealbreaking issue of the utmost importance.  And, understand my technology knowledge is quite limited.

However, when manually setting the location for photos; after clicking on "location - none" I am sent to a map of the entire United States.  From there I need to manually zoom in to the proper location, and then click on the campsite/portage etc.  This manually zooming in is a bit frustrating at times as I occasionally overzoom on the wrong location.  Wondering if there is, or could be, a way to narrow down the location to a specific region or lake before having to fine tune the location?  For example: if loading photos/info for the BWCA could a person just enter that area in (to be saved for the duration of data entry)???  Or, even more specific like certain zones of a given area?

I realize there may be certain geotagging options but, often I don't implement that on my camera.  As stated, my tech savy is limited.  Once again, this is not meant as a negative complaint or criticsm of the site.  (In all liklihood it is probably my lack of knowledge that prevents me from knowing a better way?)  Just wondering if I am missing something or if there's an improvement that can be made?

Thanks,

Paul