Paddle Planner.com - BWCA, Quetico, Sylvania, and other paddling places
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply

Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Attach files to this post...
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Ben Strege Posted: Thursday, October 1, 2020 11:11:22 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: AmateurHour Go to Quoted Post

This actually helped with a company intranet thing that I just became aware of. 

Glad it helped! I figured that other people would run into the same issue, so I wanted to explain what was happening. Before this, Chrome just warned you that parts of the site were not secure (in Paddle Planner's case, the photos). Now Chrome changes the insecure http address to https by default. Since I did not have https set up for the photos, they just wouldn't load. For intranet, it would be as easy as changing the site settings to allow insecure content. For a public-facing website, you would have to make sure everything is being loaded over https.

AmateurHour Posted: Thursday, October 1, 2020 8:37:40 AM(UTC)

This actually helped with a company intranet thing that I just became aware of. 

Ben Strege Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 10:58:02 PM(UTC)

I believe it is now fixed. Paddle Planner should load fully secured. In Chrome and Edge (maybe other browsers, too), you should have a lock in the upper left no matter which page you are on. Please let me know if you have any problems either loading photos or if you do not have a secured "lock" on a page.

Since I was already working on the photos, I made some performance improvements to the album and photo pages. You might notice a difference in how quickly they load, especially albums with a lot of photos.

Ben Strege Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 4:18:12 PM(UTC)

I found out exactly what has changed with Chrome 85. By default, insecure content is blocked on websites. Paddle Planner is a secure site, but for now I use an "insecure" storage system. Therefore, the website will load but the photos do not. This can be changed in the site settings in Chrome, but the default is to block it.

I am working on updating the storage system so it is secure, but it is easier said than done. Hopefully I can get it figured out today.

Ben Strege Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 12:03:13 PM(UTC)

Thanks, eagle98mn. In Chrome 85, it is happening on one of my computers and not the other. I wonder if it is an "experimental" feature that Google is testing out with the rollout, and not everybody gets it. Looks like I'll have to fix it.

eagle98mn Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 11:18:59 AM(UTC)

That seems to be happening for me too in Chrome Version 85.0.4183.121 (Official Build) (64-bit) running Windows 10. No issues in Edge on the same PC.

Ben Strege Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 10:24:17 AM(UTC)

Thanks. I think it is just my one computer. If I clear my browsing history, I believe it will fix it. I don't like doing that, though, so I've been holding off.

AmateurHour Posted: Monday, September 28, 2020 11:11:59 AM(UTC)

Fully armed and operational with Chrome 85 on Windows 10.

Ben Strege Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2020 12:10:04 AM(UTC)

I am trying to recruit help to see if this is just my issue or if others are experiencing it.

I opened Paddle Planner tonight and noticed that none of the photos are loading. I figured out why it is happening, but I still am unsure about the best way to fix it. This depends on whether it is just me or others are having the same problem. The issue only happens if I am using Chrome. The photos load if I use Internet Explorer (or Edge). I think it is related to a Chrome update that was just rolled out, but I want to make sure before I go to a bunch of work fixing it.

Are photos loading for you? What browser are you using?

Thanks in advance for your help.