Paddle Planner.com - BWCA, Quetico, Sylvania, and other paddling places
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fishguts  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 13, 2014 10:50:33 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I just got an REI light weight chair for our June Canoe trip, here is a picture of it with my Granddaughter in it.

It breaks down really small and weighs less than 2 LbsChair

thanks 1 user thanked fishguts for this useful post.
Grandma L on 8/4/2015(UTC)
Sponsor
Ben Strege  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 13, 2014 11:16:09 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 159 time(s) in 140 post(s)

That looks similar to the Helinox chairs we have. Amazingly light, compact, and comfy. 

capella  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 3:11:09 PM(UTC)

We're going to the BWCA mid Aug and wanted some light, comfortable chairs without breaking the bank. We're very happy with the 2 G4Free chairs we purchased at Amazon. I got two for $56 each. They're very compact, 2lbs and the adjustable leg version sits up high enough to make it easy to get out of the chair (an issue some people were complaining about with other chairs I was looking at). I know we'll be very happy with the G4Free chairs.

halvorson.christopher  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2016 7:38:01 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Capella,
I would be interested in hearing about how well those G4FREE chairs hold up over a couple year span.
- I recently upgraded from the REI Flex lit chairs. I decided to try out both of the larger Helinox chairs.
Camp & Sunset. (tall enough backrest to lean your head back.

Looking forward to resting my neck/head after a long paddle. Hoping they do the trick.
Sluggman42  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 7:38:40 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
On the trip I just got back from we had a Helinox chair One and a G4 Free. I thought that the Helinox had a very slightly better scoop for the butt area, but the adjustment on the G4 was really outstanding as you can adjust for the slope if needed. Also with the G4 being something like 30-40% cheaper makes it a better value in my book. I will be interested in seeing how it holds up over time as well. I think its well made, but time will tell.
MnJohn  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 10, 2017 12:16:52 PM(UTC)

The Helinox chair, although really more expensive, also would seem sturdier.  The specs show that it is rated for 319 lbs where the G4 chair is rated for just 200.  I am 190 and would not want a chair collapsing under me in the Bdub.  I like the new Helinox Camp chair - has a higher back.  Again much more spendy - can't find it anywhere for anything less than $139 currently.  But at just $30 for the G4 (on their website), I'd find it hard to believe that it would hold up.  Would like to hear how it does when folks have used it.