Paddle Planner.com - BWCA, Quetico, Sylvania, and other paddling places
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ben Strege  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 2, 2014 9:05:37 AM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Was thanked: 159 time(s) in 140 post(s)

I haven't found any major issues, but I keep finding small bugs on the website because of the upgrade. If you see anything that doesn't appear to be working correctly, please report it. Either email me or reply in this forum.

Sponsor
Gavia  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 2, 2014 1:43:28 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 22 post(s)
I had a problem inserting a photo but I can't remember where I was at the time (I was home at my computer, but that doesn't help much). The insert window was up too high and the top few lines were obscured by the page's banner. If I find it again I'll point it out.
jeemon  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 2, 2014 1:50:23 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Once a Wiki subject is created, can't see the window to add content using firefox. It worked fine using chrome.
Ben Strege  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 2, 2014 2:05:27 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Originally Posted by: Gavia Go to Quoted Post
I had a problem inserting a photo but I can't remember where I was at the time (I was home at my computer, but that doesn't help much). The insert window was up too high and the top few lines were obscured by the page's banner. If I find it again I'll point it out.

fishguts also found that one and I fixed it. Thanks.

Ben Strege  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 2, 2014 2:37:32 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Originally Posted by: jeemon Go to Quoted Post
Once a Wiki subject is created, can't see the window to add content using firefox. It worked fine using chrome.

I tested it in Firefox, and it worked. It did take a lot longer than Chrome, though. Did it never show up for you?

Edit: I just tested it in Chrome, Firefox, and IE. Chrome was the fastest. Firefox loaded, but it was slower than Chrome. IE had an error, which I fixed.

Edited by user Friday, May 2, 2014 3:09:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ruddy  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2014 6:16:51 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Ben, I have an iPad. I seen you have added pull down menus, general ,maps& resources,and my account. With my iPad General will not pull down. Maps and my account works fine.
Ben Strege  
#7 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2014 11:50:04 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Originally Posted by: ruddy Go to Quoted Post
Ben, I have an iPad. I seen you have added pull down menus, general ,maps& resources,and my account. With my iPad General will not pull down. Maps and my account works fine.

Thanks for letting me know. I thought the new menus would actually work better on tablets. I guess not. How about the Wiki menu? Does that pull down?

ruddy  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2014 10:57:46 AM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

I have just tried them all on my iPad and none of the are working. They show breifely then go to the frist thing listed. The work just fine on my PC.
Ben Strege  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2014 12:49:07 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

I have just tried them all on my iPad and none of the are working. They show breifely then go to the frist thing listed. The work just fine on my PC.

I found another menu system that should work. I'll try to get that put in tonight. Thanks again for letting me know.

Ben Strege  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2014 10:30:23 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Originally Posted by: bstrege Go to Quoted Post
I found another menu system that should work. I'll try to get that put in tonight. Thanks again for letting me know.

I put in a new menu system. Let me know how this one works.

ruddy  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 9:04:54 AM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

All working, thanks Ben your the best
Canoer97  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2014 9:15:53 AM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I'm not able to change my profile info. and add people to my buddies list.
Ben Strege  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2014 12:41:40 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Originally Posted by: Canoer97 Go to Quoted Post
I'm not able to change my profile info. and add people to my buddies list.

I'll see if I can get that fixed or add something like that. I'm assuming you mean you are trying to access your profile through the forum. This website does not use the "built-in" profile that comes with the forum. Instead, I created a profile so I could customize it a lot more. The forum profile has a "buddies" feature, but mine does not. If I create a buddies feature, what would you like to see in it? Would you want to receive notifications when any of your buddies posts something on the site? Any other ideas?

thanks 1 user thanked Ben Strege for this useful post.
Canoer97 on 11/14/2014(UTC)
ruddy  
#14 Posted : Sunday, November 23, 2014 1:47:22 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

I'm having trouble with the pull down menu again with my iPad. I can get menu to open but general,my acount,maps,wiki will not.
Ben Strege  
#15 Posted : Monday, November 24, 2014 6:45:00 AM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

I'm having trouble with the pull down menu again with my iPad. I can get menu to open but general,my acount,maps,wiki will not.

It works on my tablet, but it was hard to hit the button right. Is that your problem? Would making the buttons bigger fix it? Or could you not get the menus to open at all?

ruddy  
#16 Posted : Monday, November 24, 2014 7:33:30 AM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Yes the sweet spot is all full small. Sometimes I can get it to open, other times I can't.
Ben Strege  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2014 12:17:56 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Yes the sweet spot is all full small. Sometimes I can get it to open, other times I can't.

I increased the size of the buttons - not by much, but enough to make it work a lot better for me on my tablet. Does it work any better for you? Do they still need to be bigger?

#18 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2015 7:30:56 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Ever since the update I don't see the Border Route Trail overlay? Any suggestions? It was on by default before. Thanks!
Ben Strege  
#19 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2015 10:15:56 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Originally Posted by: Guest Go to Quoted Post
Ever since the update I don't see the Border Route Trail overlay? Any suggestions? It was on by default before. Thanks!

Originally when I received permission to use the hiking trail data, it was contingent on the site being noncommercial. When I changed the site to a business last year, I took off all of the hiking trails. I asked permission again from everybody that had given me the data. Only Ken Jackson, who had given me the data for the Sioux-Hustler Trail, got back with me and gave me permission to continue using it. I took the rest of the hiking trails off.

Recently a member gave me a GPS track of the Kekekabic Trail, so I was able to put that one on again. It isn't as complete as the data I had before, but it works for displaying on the map. I still have the data for the Border Route Trail, too, so if I ever receive permission, I'll put it back on the map.

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply