Paddle Planner.com - BWCA, Quetico, Sylvania, and other paddling places
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gavia  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 12:52:22 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 22 post(s)

The campsite database is great, as is the ability to post photos.  Is it possible to also post photos of portage landings?  I have a slew of 'em.

Sponsor
Ben Strege  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:48:40 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Was thanked: 159 time(s) in 140 post(s)

Yes. The easiest/most reliable way is to right click on the location on the interactive map and choose Add Photo. Where you right click is where the photo is located, so you can specify one end or the other or anywhere in between. You can also go to the portage database, click on the portage, choose the Photos tab, and select Upload Photo. It will then ask you where the photo is located before you upload it.

Gavia  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 8, 2014 9:59:10 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

I'm getting caught in an endless loop. When I change the location of a portage photo and then save the photo info, I click "Go Back" and I'm taken to the screen with a link to edit the photo. Clicking on "Go Back" again takes me to the photo edit page, and so on. I have to use the browser's back button history to go back to the photo album. HELP!
Ben Strege  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2014 9:01:59 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Originally Posted by: Gavia Go to Quoted Post
I'm getting caught in an endless loop. When I change the location of a portage photo and then save the photo info, I click "Go Back" and I'm taken to the screen with a link to edit the photo. Clicking on "Go Back" again takes me to the photo edit page, and so on. I have to use the browser's back button history to go back to the photo album. HELP!

I'll have to fix that - either make it work as expected or just take out the "Go Back" button. Thanks for pointing it out.

Gavia  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2014 9:15:52 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Thanks.

You're back already? How was the trip?
Ben Strege  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2014 9:37:31 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Originally Posted by: Gavia Go to Quoted Post
Thanks.

You're back already? How was the trip?

The trip was as near perfect as it ever could have been. I am a scoutmaster and have tried for several years to get the parents and scouts to agree to do a BWCA trip. I finally was able to convince them that the effort to do it was worth it. I was with five scouts and two other leaders. We had another group with four scouts and two leaders. We started at Moose Lake and made a loop to Lake One. The other group made the loop in the opposite direction. The weather could not have been better. It was sunny with very little wind all week. Just amazing. On the way home, one scout said several times, "That was the best camping trip ever!" Hearing that made the months of work and preparation worth it.

Gavia  
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2014 9:42:10 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Kudos to you and everyone else!
Gavia  
#8 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 4:48:36 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

I've added photos for a bunch of portages that would be hard to describe in a filename or brief comments, such as on rivers. I've put up a spreadsheet of the 73 photos that have yet to be added. You can access it and the zip file containing the images here:

http://codabone.net/cano...bwca/portagedatabase.htm

Let me know if you have any questions or trouble with it.

Thanks!
Ben Strege  
#9 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 8:35:17 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

I'll get to work on it. Thanks!

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply