Paddle Planner.com - BWCA, Quetico, Sylvania, and other paddling places
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sluggman42  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 1, 2016 1:53:57 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)

Leaving shortly for a easy trip heading out of Snowbank, towards Thomas/Fraser area....  Couple questions along the way as I haven't been through there before...   The first portage from Snowbank to Boot lake, some maps show one longer portage and some show two with a pond in the middle.  I'm guessing from what I've read that there's really just the one, but I'm hoping that somebody can confirm.  

Secondly, is it possible, depending on water levels, to get down to Muzzle Lake? (south from Alworth).  Sat pictures make it seem doable, with some slogging, but again, hoping that someone has actually tried it before. 

Lastly, any opinions on campsites/fishing spots/ect... not to be missed between Snowbank and Thomas?

Happy paddling. 

Sponsor
BillConner  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 2, 2016 7:48:44 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Just did Snowbank to border via Boot two weeks ago and there was two portages with a pond. Didn't see the through portage on McKenzie I had out so did two. I think.

No help on Muzzle.

We really liked the SE site on Thomas 1179. Also like the middle site on Disappointment 1385. But lots of good sites in that area. I use the maps and ratings here to mark all 4 and 5 star sites as a starting point.