Paddle Planner.com - BWCA, Quetico, Sylvania, and other paddling places
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ben Strege  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2014 2:49:32 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Was thanked: 159 time(s) in 140 post(s)

I added a map for Woodland Caribou Provincial Park. It is still a work in progress. I still need to add the entry points. The RouteFinder may take a while to finish since it is such a big area. I need to clean up/add some of the lake data. I am also looking for a more comprehensive source for the campsites (there are supposedly over 2,200 campsites, but I only have data for about 800). Despite this, I thought it was good enough for now. It still has valuable information on it that will hopefully help the few intrepid paddlers who go to this park.

I have to give a big thanks to Joe_Schmeaux, who provided the campsite data and helped me a lot with finding everything else for the map. He also has helped me with the data for the adjacent Atikaki and Nopiming provincial parks in Manitoba. I'll get those parks added, too, as soon as I can.

Sponsor
MagicPaddler  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 2, 2016 6:38:47 AM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 15 post(s)
On my 2015 trip I found the map information from PaddlePlanner to be the most accurate information we had. I carried a map with camp site marked by Harlan. One day Ben wanted to check on some camp sites and we did some comparing what I had on my GPS and the map from Harlan. We found PaddlePlanner’s camp sites to be more accurate. WCPP is a continuously changing place, camp sites and portages are going to always be moving but having possible locations on our maps reduced the number of locations we had to look.
Ben Strege  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2016 10:44:57 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Was thanked: 159 time(s) in 140 post(s)

For those that noticed the campsites were not on the map during most of 2015, they are now back on. I talked it over with the park and some other people and decided to add them back to the map. Please exercise caution and good sense when using them, though, since the locations can be mismarked or the area can change.

These are not official campsite locations. I need to stress that this is the work of Paddle Planner, not the park's, so any mismarked locations, missing campsites, etc. are not the fault of the park.

thanks 1 user thanked Ben Strege for this useful post.
MagicPaddler on 1/5/2016(UTC)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply