Paddle Planner.com - BWCA, Quetico, Sylvania, and other paddling places
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ben Strege  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 27, 2014 9:02:16 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Was thanked: 159 time(s) in 140 post(s)

My wife and I made a video for Paddle Planner. I think it turned out pretty well considering our limited resources. What do you think? Any ideas for future videos?

thanks 1 user thanked Ben Strege for this useful post.
Canoer97 on 9/29/2014(UTC)
Sponsor
Gavia  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2014 12:22:41 AM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 22 post(s)

What. A. HOOT!

Love the klezmer music!  Was that a freylich in the background?  A hora?  Whatever ... it's great.

You want other videos?  Check out my YouTube page at https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=wispaddler
There are several short videos in the series "Why We Portage" plus a few other odds and ends.  Is that the sort of stuff you had in mind?  In the future, should I add Middle Eastern dance music in the background, played on accordion?  I have a lot of it.

Ben Strege  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2014 9:12:45 AM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Originally Posted by: Gavia Go to Quoted Post

Was that a freylich in the background?  A hora?  Whatever ... it's great.

Are you referring to the painting in the background by the computer? It is Morning Reflections by Jeff Renner. Jeff is a local artist (local meaning Park Rapids, MN). He is also a BWCA/Quetico enthusiast. He comes every year to an art festival we have here in Grand Forks, ND. I enjoy talking to him, and his art is good. Besides Morning Reflections, we've purchased two other prints from him - Isabella River Crossing and Kawishiwi River Rendezvous. He goes to shows all over the Midwest - he is going to a show in Eagle River, WI this weekend.

You want other videos?  Check out my YouTube page at https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=wispaddler
There are several short videos in the series "Why We Portage" plus a few other odds and ends.  Is that the sort of stuff you had in mind?  In the future, should I add Middle Eastern dance music in the background, played on accordion?  I have a lot of it.

Those videos will be great for something I have planned in the near future. I noticed that TuscaroraBorealis had a lot of videos on YouTube of campsites. I thought they were great and actually used them to plan my trips this past summer. I decided to take videos of all of the campsites I visited, too. The plan is to be able to link YouTube videos to campsites and portages like they are photos. I think the videos of campsites that TB and I took give a much better idea of a campsite than the photos. Photos are great, but the video tours are even better. Your portage series and other videos will work great with this.

Gavia  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2014 4:50:08 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 22 post(s)
A freylich is happy piece of music, such as would be played at a wedding. A hora is a circle dance. They're both Israeli.

My recent trip reports have links to YouTube videos to describe portages. Several reports have "Why We Portage" series, and the one from last June also has a "What We Portage" clip and one on "Why We Don't Paddle." http://codabone.net/canoeing/bwca/BW1406_2.htm
Ben Strege  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2014 8:35:40 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

A freylich is happy piece of music, such as would be played at a wedding. A hora is a circle dance. They're both Israeli.

Shows what I know! I even tried googling it, but I apparently skipped over the answer. The music is Requiem for a Fish by The Freak Fandango Orchestra. I had to find something free and legal to use, and this fit the bill.

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply