Paddle Planner.com - BWCA, Quetico, Sylvania, and other paddling places
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply

Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Attach files to this post...
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
BillConner Posted: Friday, May 8, 2015 7:26:35 AM(UTC)

I know I was one that asked about this and am looking forward to using it. Thanks!
Ben Strege Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2015 9:55:06 PM(UTC)

I added the route from South Fowl to Lake Superior along the Pigeon River and Grand Portage to the BWCA maps. So for all of you adventurers that want to do a 9 mile portage, now you can plan it using Paddle Planner! smiley

Here are a few notes on the route:

• The portage from South Fowl to the Pigeon River is in bad shape. Plan extra time for that.
  • There are a few rapids that don't have portages anymore. It sounds like people have to line or walk the canoes through, and this can take a lot of time. I only added the three "required" portages to the map (South Fowl to Pigeon River, Partridge Falls, and Grand Portage).
  • I couldn't find a definite trail for the Partridge Falls portage, so I put in my best guess. I know it starts at the log cabin on the west side of the falls, but from there I was guessing.

I hope to add Voyageurs National Park soon, so the maps will then be able to cover the entire historic voyageur route from International Falls to Grand Portage.