Paddle Planner.com - BWCA, Quetico, Sylvania, and other paddling places
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply

Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Attach files to this post...
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Ben Strege Posted: Monday, May 16, 2016 8:18:36 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: BillConner Go to Quoted Post
I wish scale foe exported images was a little more predictable.Every time I do it it seems my whole route is either about half the image or it overhangs the edges by just a little.I can't zoom to the "perfect" step.

I just found out that zoom can be done in smaller increments. I'll see if I can easily implement that for exporting.

Ben Strege Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2016 9:19:56 PM(UTC)

I just tried it - Chrome didn't scale it, it just cut it off. You should right-click on the image and save it to your desktop. Then somehow print the image using a program that won't scale it. You might be able to create a pdf from it that doesn't try to scale it to 8 1/2" x 11". I'm not exactly sure right now how to accomplish it, but I'm sure it can be done.

BillConner Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2016 2:19:25 PM(UTC)

I guess I don't understand eh export process. I set it to the large size, printed it as a pdf, an opened it in adobe, and it was much smaller. Actually, when I printed it from browser, I think that is when it shrank unexpectedly. I use chrome if that matters. It just seemed like the linked exported image was scaled down.

I wish scale foe exported images was a little more predictable. Every time I do it it seems my whole route is either about half the image or it overhangs the edges by just a little. I can't zoom to the "perfect" step.

Many many thanks for just responding. I appreciate it.

Ben Strege Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2016 1:29:33 PM(UTC)

There is no limit on the size, BUT... it would be limited by your computer's capabilities. I once exported an image with the entire BWCA and Quetico, but it took me a few tries because the browser kept crashing because there was so much data. It eventually worked, though, just took a long time.

Looks like I need to add the new background to the export, too.

BillConner Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2016 11:33:24 AM(UTC)

Is there a limit to the size of an exported image?  I tried changing width and height to 41 X 29 - 42 X 30 being a standard architectural size - and it seems that it was limited to maybe 24" wide?  I'm not sure nor adept enough to figure it out, just thought a large PDF with all of teh camp site ratings would be a convenient think.