Paddle Planner.com - BWCA, Quetico, Sylvania, and other paddling places
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
singlebladecanoe  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2019 8:50:08 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I didn't see a place for new members to post so figured this was the next best place. Im new to the forum/site. I was told about this site by a fellow who I had brought a canoe back from the Adirondacks for to cut his trip in half. Im glad he mentioned it as there a wealth of information it seems. A little about me: I grew up paddeling a canoe from an early age. As a kid made a trip to Algonquin and several overnight and week long trips on local waters in VA. Spent the last 10 years fishing from SOT kayaks. Over the last year I have been itching to get back in a canoe so bought a Nova Craft SuperNova to float our local rivers and just picked up a Swift Prospector 14 to get back into flat water paddleing. I look forward to re learning everything and reading everyone's trip reports.

Sponsor
Ben Strege  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2019 9:42:14 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 159 time(s) in 140 post(s)

Welcome! If you ever have questions about using the site, feel free to ask.

I have tried looking at the canoeing places in the East to see if I can get them on this site. What are the major canoeing areas out that way?

singlebladecanoe  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2019 10:16:48 AM(UTC)

The Adirondacks in NY, The Allagash Wilderness Waterway in Maine. Are 2 that I know of in the NE. As for the east I don't know of anything like the BWCA or Algonqui unfortanitly. Most of our stuff on the east coast for overnight trips, at least for the VA area, is all mostly river floats such as the James, New, and Shenandoha rivers.

thanks 1 user thanked singlebladecanoe for this useful post.
Ben Strege on 3/6/2019(UTC)
singlebladecanoe  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2019 10:34:16 AM(UTC)

Another thing to about the SE is that finding places to camp along our waters is becoming harder and harder as it is becoming more and more privitized and landowners are not allowing people to camp on the banks due to it being abused. That and canoe triping in general I think is dieing off with such a heavy presence of kayak fishing.