Paddle Planner.com - BWCA, Quetico, Sylvania, and other paddling places
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ben Strege  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 10, 2014 9:18:37 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Was thanked: 159 time(s) in 140 post(s)

After some soul searching and discussions with some members, I decided to offer a free one-year membership to people that earn 1,000 points on the site. The free one-year premium membership for 2,000 points still applies.

How do you earn points? Contribute to the site. For example, submit campsite ratings, portage comments, upload photos, post trip reports, add an article to the wiki, etc. Not all of the categories have the same number of points. The points can also change based on what I want people to contribute to. You can see all of the categories and current point values if you go to My Points in your account. The "Current Value" column is how many points you get for each campsite review, portage comment, photo, etc.

Unlike the payment upgrade process, the "points upgrade" is still a manual process on my part. I check the members' points periodically to check to see if anyone has reached the applicable level. Feel free to email me if you reach 1,000 or 2,000 points so I can get you upgraded sooner.

Sponsor
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply