Paddle Planner.com - BWCA, Quetico, Sylvania, and other paddling places
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
todd burkes  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2019 10:17:58 PM(UTC)

Planning a trip next September with my Dad and several others. Going to visit the Rebecca Falls and Curtain Falls area. We will be in the area for about a week. Just a few questions..How is the weather (normally) during this time?Can the Grand Slam be possible to obtain?Where can I find a Laker. How about campsites for 4 tents?

Any and all suggestions are appreciated
Sponsor
eagle98mn  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 12:58:11 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I can't speak to most of your questions since I haven't visited your planned area and I'm not much of a fisherman. However, I can absolutely endorse September! I've tripped in July, August and September and the weather is a major reason why I love September. In general you can expect highs in the 60s-70s with lows in the 40s-50s. This can change dramatically though from year to year. Last year I saw snow flurries (non-accumulating) in the 3rd week of September. In short, I've experienced warm enough temps to swim and last year I enjoyed sleeping cozily in long underwear in my mummy bag. My recommendation is to plan as if you will encounter the cold weather, and then watch the Ely forecast in the week ahead to see if you will actually need to bring that gear.

Enjoy the (likely) comfortable days and cool nights with few bugs, and know that if it ends up being colder there are a few of us September trippers that will be roughing it a bit more with you. :)
todd burkes  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 1, 2019 6:21:17 PM(UTC)

Already counting the days till arrival. Going to be a long countdown
BillConner  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2019 5:54:16 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Rebecca Falls is Canada. If you're doing this on a Q permit with RABCs and all, no problem. If on a BWCA permit, you'll need a day "vehicle" permit for each canoe from Quetico, as well as RABCs and passports. I did my trips through that area on a Q permit.