Paddle Planner.com - BWCA, Quetico, Sylvania, and other paddling places
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Derek R Russell  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2020 9:20:01 PM(UTC)

Anyone know if there are Fire Pits on Elton Lake, Nopiming Park Manitoba?

Thank you,

Derek

Sponsor
Ben Strege  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2020 1:27:38 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 159 time(s) in 140 post(s)

I was able to find this PDF from Manitoba Parks - https://www.gov.mb.ca/sd/pubs/parks-protected-spaces/maps/nopiming_water_route.pdf

Some campsites are marked on Elton, so I would think that there are fire pits. However, I have only been to Whiteshell, and there are fire pits there. Atikaki has no fire pits. Nopiming is between the two (both geographically and in terms of amenities), so I do not know for sure if there are fire pits at the campsites.

Joe_Schmeaux  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2020 9:49:08 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 4 post(s)

I suggest you phone the district office in Lac du Bonnet and ask them. IIRC Manitoba Parks has strict rules regarding use of firepits in their backcountry Provincial Park campsites.

If you're planning a trip this summer, you will want to confirm current COVID-19 restrictions before getting committed too deeply . Currently Manitoba strongly discourages non-essential visitation from out of province, and they *may* restrict provincial park use to only MB residents as well. If you're driving, expect at a minimum a hairy eyeball from RCMP checkpoints on the TransCanada at the SK or ON border, depending on your origin.

ayuzek  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2020 1:45:26 PM(UTC)

I am sure you have found your answer by now, but for any future visitors to this post i will answer for you. Yes, all the designated camp sites on Elton have firepits. They also have picnic tables and somewhere in the trees there is an outdoor toilet (google "zeebest outdoor throne" if you want to know what to expect - it's the green toilet thing). Nopiming is very strict though - they want camping only on the designated spots. Also, fires are to be held in a certified fire pit only. Shore lunches are to be cooked on a designated fire pit or on a camp stove, no open burning permitted at all. But an awesome place to go, highly recommend.