Paddle Planner.com - BWCA, Quetico, Sylvania, and other paddling places
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Evans8853  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 19, 2021 9:15:57 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Does anyone have a list of the number of permits per day for each BWCA entry point that will be posted in January, 2022 and available on Wednesday, Jan 26th?  

I have read/seen several media stories on the Forest Service reducing the quotas for some (not all) EP's, especially for more heavily-used entry points for this coming season and some of those stories even have 'probable' numbers/reductions for some EP examples.  

For example, from one of the stories online:  

Ten out of the 34 entry points on the Gunflint District and six of the 13 entry points on the Tofte District will see a reduction in permit quota numbers in 2022. The Forest Service declined to say the specific entry points the quota reduction will impact. All districts across the BWCA will see a quota reduction next year.

In another story, I saw someone giving an example of Moose River North EP going from 7 permits/day down to 5/day for 2022 and Little Indian Sioux North EP going from 6/day down to 4/day.  

If anyone knows proposed (or actual) numbers and could post them, it would be helpful in planning. But, I know I tend toward OCD and am a planning geek.  I suppose I can be patient and just wait; we will all know on January 26th, 2022.  

Sponsor
Ben Strege  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2021 7:28:41 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 159 time(s) in 140 post(s)

The Forest Service does not want to announce it yet. I suppose they can still make changes until they make the announcement. I think we will know before January 26th, though. I know the FS has been in contact with outfitters, but the outfitters are not allowed to say yet, either. Just be patient for a couple more weeks.

Evans8853  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2022 12:06:26 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)

1/24/22

Found this online and think it may be the new quotas for 2022:

Link:

https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd980562.pdf

thanks 1 user thanked Evans8853 for this useful post.
Ben Strege on 1/24/2022(UTC)