Paddle Planner.com - BWCA, Quetico, Sylvania, and other paddling places
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
oldwinter  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2023 9:34:29 AM(UTC)

Years ago I have used the known island campsite at the SW end of Beaverhouse Lake.  I do not remember seeing many others sites suitable for campaing at that end of the lake either posted online or on maps.  Can anyone share any other usable sites that anyone in the western end of Beaverhouse?  I know there a several sides on the eastern end of Beaverhouse, and that you can camp anywhere in Q, but it would be good to have a backup plan for spots that can hold 2 tents and a hammock.  Similarly, anyone have any spots to camp on the upper part of the Quetico River after it flows out of Beaverhouse.  I would be very interested in any advice on the portages or any type of feedback for travelling the upper part of the River.  Thank you.

Sponsor
BillConner  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2023 6:47:36 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Do check the maps here. They show 2 sites with reviews and a bunch of possible unreviewed sites.
oldwinter  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2023 8:39:01 AM(UTC)

Thank you. I did see the mapping with the two red triangle rated sites and the one with the black triangle unrated sites. Just hoping someone had experience they can share about the Quetico River portion by Beaverhouse and any other sites they found on SW end of Beaverhouse other than the two rated ones.
Ben Strege  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2023 12:17:05 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 159 time(s) in 140 post(s)

The only thing I have been able to find about the Quetico River is this trip report - https://www.paddleplanner.com/tripreports/tripreport.aspx?reportnum=95

Just a brief mention, but I guess make sure you take the correct fork 

oldwinter  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2023 4:14:11 PM(UTC)

Thank you.  That is all I could find, so maybe I will get lucky and someone will share some other information.