Paddle Planner.com - BWCA, Quetico, Sylvania, and other paddling places
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ben Strege  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2015 5:00:02 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 159 time(s) in 140 post(s)

NRS is having its spring clearance event. While they mostly focus on kayaking, I found a few items that might be of interest to us backcountry canoeists.

Katadyn Basecamp Filter - $59.95 marked down from $79.95

Various Headlamps - Princeton and Black Diamond, from $18.35 to $44.95

Lifejackets - A couple of nice ones for $97.50

Edited by user Wednesday, April 1, 2015 10:22:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Changed from Winter Clearance to Spring Clearance

Sponsor
Ben Strege  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2015 10:30:11 AM(UTC)

I just got an email saying almost everything is sold out on the NRS winter clearance sale. Last chance to pick anything up at their discounted prices!

TuscaroraBorealis  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2015 5:22:30 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Thanks for the heads up.

I wet foot and have found the NRS wet sock to be the cream of the crop.
Gavia  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 12:31:26 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 22 post(s)

I have the NRS Boundary Sock and used it only part of one BW trip.  My feet stayed wet inside them, due to sweat, and cold besides.  I was more comfortable after I switched to regular socks.

I just got a pair of the NRS Velocity water shoe.  It's a very nice product - good soles that shouldn't hold dirt, great ankle support, but not very good drainage (just a few holes in the instep).  I also got a pair of Klim over-the-calf Gore-Tex socks to wear with them.  Very nice socks, they come with knee-high nylon liner socks.  The entire setup is expensive but, since I have a pair of low-cut Gore-Tex socks and love 'em, I expect my feet will be quite happy.

Ben Strege  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 10:51:11 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gavia Go to Quoted Post
I have the NRS Boundary Sock and used it only part of one BW trip.  My feet stayed wet inside them, due to sweat, and cold besides.  I was more comfortable after I switched to regular socks.

I just got a pair of the NRS Velocity water shoe.  It's a very nice product - good soles that shouldn't hold dirt, great ankle support, but not very good drainage (just a few holes in the instep).  I also got a pair of Klim over-the-calf Gore-Tex socks to wear with them.  Very nice socks, they come with knee-high nylon liner socks.  The entire setup is expensive but, since I have a pair of low-cut Gore-Tex socks and love 'em, I expect my feet will be quite happy.

Interesting you should mention the Velocity - I received the email announcement from NRS and thought it looked interesting. There's always too much gear and too little money.

If anyone is interested in the Velocity, it is selling for about $110 at NRS - NRS Velocity shoe

Ben Strege  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2015 10:24:19 AM(UTC)

NRS changed the sale from "winter clearance" to "spring clearance." As far as I can tell, it is the same sale, just a different name. I updated the wording in the post to reflect this. The links should still work (except for the Katadyn Basecamp, which appears to be sold out).