Paddle Planner.com - BWCA, Quetico, Sylvania, and other paddling places
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ben Strege  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 3:14:33 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 159 time(s) in 140 post(s)

Midwest Mountaineering
Minneapolis, MN
April 24-26, 2015

The Outdoor Adventure Expo is quickly approaching! It is a fun-filled weekend dedicated to paddling, camping, and other outdoor pursuits. There will be 88 exhibitors, including us! Some of our sponsors will also be there:

Along with some of the conservation organizations we support:

Please stop by our booth and say hi! We would love to meet all of you in person. There are a couple of fun things that we will be involved with during the expo.

Beer and Gear Social Night and Raffle

All I can really say about Friday night at the expo is that it is a lot of fun. Visit the Beer and Gear page to find out more.

Paddle Planner is donating a "Boundary Waters Planning Package" to the raffle worth $100. It includes:

It is well worth it to come on Friday to participate in all of the fun activities.

Presentation - How Do I Get There? A Hands-on Course in Wilderness Navigation

On Saturday at 9:15 AM, yours truly will be leading a hands-on course on wilderness navigation. We’ll cover various topics related to arriving safely at your destination, including: how to make a reasonable travel plan, practicing with map and compass, translating a map to the landscape, and using modern technology to aid in navigation. Some compasses will be available, but bring one if you’re able.

I hope all of you will be able to join us during the fun weekend. It is a good way to get excited about the upcoming paddling season!

Sponsor
halvorson.christopher  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2015 1:10:19 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Ben, I wish you the best with your presentation. Sorry to say I will not be able to attend. However, I will be on site for a couple hours during the canoe auction before my lovely wife hauls me off to a wedding in the early afternoon. 

I hope you have a good showing for the presentation. 

Ben Strege  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2015 8:33:47 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 159 time(s) in 140 post(s)

Just a reminder that the Expo starts tomorrow - I hope to see you there!