Paddle Planner.com - BWCA, Quetico, Sylvania, and other paddling places
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ben Strege  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2015 2:08:15 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 159 time(s) in 140 post(s)

On QuietJourney, zski posted a Quetico quiz that someone had made on Sporcle. I had a lot of fun with it and decided to make one of my own as well. Here they are:

Can you name the 200 largest named lakes in Canada's Quetico Provincial Park? (15 minutes)

Can you name the lakes along the historical voyageur's route from International Falls to Grand Portage Bay? (5 minutes)

On my first try on the 200 lakes, I got 59. I just blanked on a lot of them, not to mention the spelling issues (took me a few tries to spell Kahshahpiwi right). I made the second one, so my score doesn't really count, but I never would have gotten all of them.

thanks 1 user thanked Ben Strege for this useful post.
Grandma L on 8/12/2015(UTC)
Sponsor
Grandma L  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2015 7:01:52 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Fun idea - I think I need a much simpler version for the grandkids. Even though they are teens, they have a more limited knowledge base. They need things like, on average, how fast do people usually paddle? How much wind does it take to make white caps? Which way do the rivers flow? And even more family specific - like who is the fastest across portages? Who is usually the first to volunteer to help others?

I leave with a couple of them next week for a 5 day trip. I best get my questions ready. I also try to have some of the questions from the "If" book ready to start conversations around the evening fire. Thanks for getting me thinking!