Paddle Planner.com - BWCA, Quetico, Sylvania, and other paddling places
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ben Strege  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 4, 2014 11:39:09 AM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Was thanked: 159 time(s) in 140 post(s)

The Quetico Paddler's Campsite Database has moved to MN Canoeing! There are over 1,200 campsite ratings that were added to MN Canoeing with this move. See the blog post for additional details.

I linked the PCD campsite ratings to your username on MN Canoeing if I could tell they were the same. If you find a rating that is yours and it is not linked to your username, send me a message. I have a button on the interactive map for this purpose as well next to the PCD ratings.

With this addition, I also had to add some functionality to the map. If you right-click, on the map, you will now see an option to Add a Campsite. This will bring up a form that you can use to email me the location of the campsite. If a campsite's location needs to be changed, go into the campsite details and click on Change Location. This will bring up the same form but different language. Same thing if you need to tell me that a campsite does or doesn't exist - there is a button next to the campsite status on the details screen. On the form, there is a Set Location button that can be used to tell me exactly the spot you are talking about. I will need this location selected for additional campsites or campsite location changes. If you got the coordinates from a GPS, just fill out the Lat/Lng fields and tell me they came from a GPS.

I also added a button above the map to report a problem or issue. You can use this to tell me any issue - or use it to tell me about closed campsites, location changes, etc. 

Previously I deleted the "nonexistent campsites" when I imported the PCD data since I could always get them later. Since the data is now being housed at MN Canoeing, I had to put the nonexistent campsites on the map to allow people to comment on them. (An unusable campsite to one person might be fine for another.) The nonexistent campsites are a black dot. It might be hard to see on the satellite view, but they are there. If a campsite really does exist and is marked that it doesn't, use the button on the campsite details screen.

I have not added the "inukshuk" ratings. What to do with those ratings is still being discussed, but I suspect they will eventually be available to those who contributed them in the first place.

A big thank you to Dr. J. Archer Harris and the QuietJourney community!

Sponsor
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply