Paddle Planner.com - BWCA, Quetico, Sylvania, and other paddling places
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ben Strege  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 8:54:51 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 159 time(s) in 140 post(s)

I accepted a position to teach accounting at Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College in Superior, WI. Teaching is always something I've wanted to do, so I am very grateful and blessed to be given this opportunity. 

A big perk is that we will be a lot closer to canoe country! Anybody live in the Duluth area? It would be fun to meet some of you in person.

Sponsor
Walter Eyed Pike  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 8:06:32 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Althought I am not located in the Duluth area-- I am a finance guy! ;)   In all seriousness-- Congratulations on the new position, and enjoy the beautiful country!

AmateurHour  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 9:37:47 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 23 post(s)

Haven't lived up there for about ten years, but I still swing by fairly frequently. Could potentially meet up for a beer and/or burger. Congrats on the job!

Edit: Are we all accounting/finance people on this site?

TuscaroraBorealis  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 26, 2017 11:49:02 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 22 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Ben Strege Go to Quoted Post

I accepted a position to teach accounting at Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College in Superior, WI. Teaching is always something I've wanted to do, so I am very grateful and blessed to be given this opportunity. 

A big perk is that we will be a lot closer to canoe country! Anybody live in the Duluth area? It would be fun to meet some of you in person.

Belated congratulations to you and your family!

We can definitely relate as we recently moved up to the Iron Range (Virginia, MN) a few months back.  I am currently in the process of changing jobs and have just been accepted for a position for a company in Ely. Short term, our usual trips have been scaled back but, in the long run, obviously we'll be able to access canoe country (especially the Ely side) more easily and with less planning.

Gavia  
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 2, 2017 10:55:50 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Congratulations, Ben! Will you be living in Superior or Duluth?
Ben Strege  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2017 12:02:30 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 159 time(s) in 140 post(s)

We are living in Duluth - well, just north of Duluth. We've been here for a year now, and it has been great.

Canoer97  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 6, 2017 4:15:07 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I don't live close but would like to meet you someday. 3 guys and myself will be in the area this Friday. We will be entering the BWCAW on Saturday for a week long trip. Entry point #37 to Malberg and back. It should be a great time if the weather forecast holds true. Staying at Camp61 in Beaver Bay Friday night going in and going out the next Friday evening then heading home on Saturday.