Paddle Planner.com - BWCA, Quetico, Sylvania, and other paddling places
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kmjsuperfly  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 8:59:04 AM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Is there a setting that will allow the route finder to route through PMA areas?  Specifically looking at Zone 5 Sundial.  Iron lake to Sunday lake, Sunday lake to Beartrap.  I know these routes are traveled often and are good just want to use the route finder to get total stats miles ect.  

Thanks

Sponsor
Ben Strege  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 6:11:55 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Was thanked: 159 time(s) in 140 post(s)

That one is often requested. I'll see what I can do.

Ben Strege  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 7:44:19 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

I'm running into the same problem that I always do. I have found many descriptions saying there are several portage along the Beartrap River, but I cannot find anything showing or saying where they are. I know where the first one is (Beartrap Lake to the river), but not the rest. Does anyone have a map or GPX file showing them? It does not need to be exact, just enough to give a rough estimate.

Ben Strege  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2019 2:52:05 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

I put in the route. For time calculation, I put it in as 3x the normal time. PMA routes may or may not take that much time, but I put 3x as the standard PMA time just to be sure someone allows enough time to get through the PMA if they are looking at that route. The distance is still accurate, though.

I still don't know if I got the southern part of the Beartrap River correct. If someone could, I would appreciate you taking a look at it and let me know if the portages are somewhat correct.

kmjsuperfly  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2019 8:39:53 AM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Thanks looks good! I saw you also removed the old portage from Crooked to Sunday Lake. I checked it out last year and it pretty much does not exist anymore without major bushwaking.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply