Paddle Planner.com - BWCA, Quetico, Sylvania, and other paddling places
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
travaglione  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2022 1:32:28 PM(UTC)

I like to   import the file  "BWCA campsite" and BWCA portaged  from the downland section  of paddle Planner.

I have downloaded  the file to my PC.  When I go to import them into to My garmin Explore account so as to get them on to my earthmate app on my iphone  which i use with my Inreach Mini.  I get a error  message the the file id to large.  I says the file has 2200 pionts and there is ia limit  of 500.  

I also tried to buy a map of the BWCA  from Garmin , but it would not work with the Inreach.  

I have been successful  with downloading  routes that i save to my paddle planner accounts.  

But if there  was a fire or bad weather it would be nice to have the campsites and portages on the gps  as a alternative route to safety. 

Is there a way to go into the gpx file and edit it down to the 500 Limit?

Should a plan alternative  routes into my planning?

Sponsor
Ben Strege  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2022 3:51:42 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 159 time(s) in 140 post(s)

If you are downloading the route GPX file, you have to option to download just the route and not the surrounding campsites/portages. I added this option because of the 500 waypoint problem.

To get the campsites in there, you can download the campsite file (which you already did) and then modify it in BaseCamp. I use BaseCamp, but I'm not an expert. I think that you should be able to do what you need in there.