Paddle Planner.com - BWCA, Quetico, Sylvania, and other paddling places
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ben Strege  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2022 5:06:51 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Was thanked: 159 time(s) in 140 post(s)

I added another way to view permit availability. 

Many of you have used the new permit calendary display. (Enter explore mode, click on an entry point/campsite, click on the mini calendar at the bottom to open the full calendar) This shows the availability for the entire season for a single location.

What if you want to see the availability for all locations for a single date? Now you can! Click on permit calendar at the top of the page. Change the date to what you want it to be by either using the arrows or pressing the "Change Permit Date" button to open a calendar. Then change the "Show Available Permits" option to On. 

This works in the BWCA, Quetico, Voyageurs, Sylvania, Killarney, and Algonquin. I am still working on adding the Everglades, Yellowstone, and Apostle Islands. The other areas we cover do not have limited permits.

Sponsor
eagle98mn  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2022 3:35:51 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Cool! Suggestion: Can our selections to view only a certain type of EP carry over to this? Example, if I turn off everything but Paddle EPs, then I would only see green circles for Paddling EPs? And of course, I would love a notification system for this too. :)
Ben Strege  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2022 3:52:04 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

I was going to work on that today. I noticed that the hiking EPs are especially confusing since they overlap a lot of the paddling EPs. 

Still working on the expanded notification system, which will include your suggestions.

Ben Strege  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2022 7:07:23 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

I finished the first suggestion: tying the EP/campsite selection to the permit availability. I will work on the notification system expansion.

thanks 1 user thanked Ben Strege for this useful post.
eagle98mn on 4/27/2022(UTC)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply