Paddle Planner.com - BWCA, Quetico, Sylvania, and other paddling places
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
eagle98mn  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2023 4:07:46 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)

As I plan my trips for the upcoming years, I thought it would be cool if I could "color in" the paddle planner map for all of the lakes I have visited, portages I have traveled, etc. This would just be a place for me to visually see a representation of the places I've been, and the holes that need to be "filled in" on the map. I think some people do this with wall maps and such, but I sadly don't have a wall large enough to dedicate to a good BWCA map. I would assume this would be part of the paid PP subscription, and could be kind of fun to add to from year to year as I complete trips...

Just an idea since you already have the ability to select lakes, portages, etc. Maybe a "mark as visited" option and then an option to view that overlaid on the full map? I'm not really expecting this one to be developed, but I'm dreaming out loud a little bit in case you want to surprise me :)

Sponsor
Ben Strege  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2023 4:21:44 PM(UTC)
Retweet Quote

Was thanked: 159 time(s) in 140 post(s)

It is something I have thought of, too. I have a wall map that I put pins in for each campsite I have visited/reviewed (almost 500 now). Some people draw the routes on the wall map, too, so I have considered having a map show all of the routes you have completed.

Always nice to know what other people want. I never know if my ideas are good ones until someone else mentions it, too!

thanks 1 user thanked Ben Strege for this useful post.
eagle98mn on 1/31/2023(UTC)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply